Most European low-cost airlines will happily charge you a ton for carrying the ski equipment. However, there are some nice exceptions!
Latest update: November 2019; make sure to check the airline terms at the links below before booking!
- easyJet: snowboard 20kg, €42 per flight
- Ryanair: ski equipment 20kg, €45 per flight
- Transavia: ski equipment 15kg, €34 per flight
- Wizz Air: sports equipment, €30 per flight
- Lufthansa (Economy Light fare): snowboard, €80 (holy crap!) per route
- Eurowings: ski equipment flies for free; you can verify this by adding the ski equipment at the last booking step before paying
If you don’t feel like flying:
- Deutsche Bahn: free
- FlixBus: €9 one way, and make sure to call them as early as possible, otherwise, they don’t guarantee the space