Probably the nearest place to Berlin; one-day trip from 67eur.
- Skipass, 26eur
- Train Berlin > Am Bahnhof, Oberwiesenthal, from 50eur return
- 1-day bus tours with Prima Klima, cheap but rough: 5am departure, late return, 67eur bus + skipass
- Car, from 60eur for gas (check BlaBlaCar)
Fichtelberg, Saxonia: http://www.fichtelberg-ski.de/winter/panoramakarte/
Klínovec, Czechia: https://klinovec.cz/
Similar to Klínovec / Fichtelberg, but reachable only by car, 4+ hour drive.
- Car, gas from 60eur/person
- Accommodation, from 30eur/night
- Skipass, 28eur/day
Inexpensive accommodation and food, reasonable skipass rates.
The place offers mostly prepared pistes, but there should be some freeride runs possible after the snow cover is established.
Usual season opening: mid-December.
See also www.skiareal.cz
A fairytale destination, but requires some advanced transport planning… or a car.
- Train to Bad Harzburg and back: from 50eur
- Local bus: ?
- 1-day ski pass: 32eur
Up to 400m altitude difference; opens mid-December, good snow cover probably since late January.
When there is little snow in the region or in peak times Braunlage may become really crowded, up to the total absence of parking spots. So better come by the opening time.