Probably the nearest place to Berlin; one-day trip from 67eur.
- Skipass, 26eur
- Train Berlin > Am Bahnhof, Oberwiesenthal, from 50eur return
- 1-day bus tours with Prima Klima, cheap but rough: 5am departure, late return, 67eur bus + skipass
- Car, from 60eur for gas (check BlaBlaCar)
Fichtelberg, Saxonia: http://www.fichtelberg-ski.de/winter/panoramakarte/
Klínovec, Czechia: https://klinovec.cz/
A fairytale destination, but requires some advanced transport planning… or a car.
- Train to Bad Harzburg and back: from 50eur
- Local bus: ?
- 1-day ski pass: 32eur
Up to 400m altitude difference; opens mid-December, good snow cover probably since late January.
When there is little snow in the region or in peak times Braunlage may become really crowded, up to the total absence of parking spots. So better come by the opening time.
A weekend or longer trip, more expensive but still relatively on budget.
Lots of them! Just to name a few: Hintertux in Zillertal, Kitzsteinhorn at Zell am See, Söll, Herzogstand, Dammkar, Garmisch-Partenkirchen.
- Train: on average, return trip is from 100eur
- Skipass: from 50eur/day
- Accommodation: from 60eur
Itineraries by train (to Munich)
A suitable EuroNight (sleeper) train via Hannover leaves at 19:49 and arrives at 7:05.
Return: EuroNight via Mannheim, 20:44 > 06:06.
There’s also an option to save some money by going back on Monday during the day on ICE train.
Itineraries by plane (to Munich)
Lots of direct flights from ... return.
Itineraries to resorts
- Mayrhofen: 2.5hr away by train from Munich Hbf, 44eur return.
- Söll: 1.5hr away by train (from Munich Hbf to Wörgl Hbf), 52eur return.
- A couple of nice places in Bavaria reached best by car, e.g. Herzogstand, Dammkar.
- Garmisch-Partenkirchen & Zugspitze: ~1.5hr by train from Munich Hbf to Garmisch + ~1hr Zahnradbahn to Zugspitze. There’s also a cheap overnight FlixBus from Berlin to Garmisch.
We have to say Garmisch and Zugspitze are slightly boring and overpriced. If you’re interested in having a beer on the highest point of Germany, go ahead, but otherwise, it makes sense to go there only after a really good snowfall.