A weekend or longer trip, more expensive but still relatively on budget.
Lots of them! Just to name a few: Hintertux in Zillertal, Kitzsteinhorn at Zell am See, Söll, Herzogstand, Dammkar, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- Train: from 150eur return trip
- Skipass: from 50eur/day
- Accommodation: from 60eur
Itineraries by train (to Munich)
A suitable EuroNight (sleeper) train via Hannover leaves at 19:49 and arrives at 7:05.
Return: EuroNight via Mannheim, 20:44 > 06:06.
December: ~150eur return w/o BahnCard, 120eur with BahnCard 25
January: 104eur with BahnCard 25
There’s also an option to save some money by going back on Monday during the day on ICE train.
Itineraries by plane (to Munich)
Lots of direct flights from ... return.
Itineraries to resorts
- Mayrhofen: 2.5hr away by train from Munich Hbf, 44eur return.
- Söll: 1.5hr away by train (from Munich Hbf to Wörgl Hbf), 52eur return.
- A couple of nice places in Bavaria reached best by car, e.g. Herzogstand, Dammkar.
- Garmisch-Partenkirchen & Zugspitze: ~1.5hr by train from Munich Hbf to Garmisch + ~1hr Zahnradbahn to Zugspitze. There’s also a cheap overnight FlixBus from Berlin to Garmisch.
We have to say Garmisch and Zugspitze are slightly boring and overpriced. If you’re interested in having a beer on the highest point of Germany, go ahead, but otherwise, it makes sense to go there only after a really good snowfall.